[ale] Backup large files to span DVDs

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Wed Oct 28 21:07:59 EDT 2015

No, there is no irony here.  The data can't be read at all because the
notes on how it was archived is no longer available 40 years later.
Doesn't matter what the mathematics are if I don't know how the data is
physically laid out on the storage medium.  *THAT* is why there's a
requirement to use specific, stable, well documented software.