[ale] Suntrust replaces 100 veteran techs with outsourced staff

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Fri Oct 23 16:37:18 EDT 2015

"pretty good to its employees and its customers" ?
ST is laying off the former and going to make the latter talk to a foreign support center.   Neither of those sound "pretty" or "good" to me.    These days some folks are actually bringing back offshore stuff into the U.S. because of complaints from customers.
Personally I wonder at the idea of allowing foreign companies access to your US bank data.
Don't get me wrong.  I've worked with some very bright people both from India here in the US and in India but by and large the folks answering phones in India barely seem to understand a few words of English let alone solve issues.
It used to be maddening to me when I'd call EMC's India support and after giving a long explanation and then asking a question in relation to what I'd just described they'd respond simply "OK".   Another funny thing was that every ticket they got always had the same "I have read the ticket and understand the problem" sentence as the only detail before I made that call.