[ale] Suntrust replaces 100 veteran techs with outsourced staff

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu Oct 22 17:22:38 EDT 2015

Of course they don’t say how much they’re paying in severance in this article so it seems a bit one sided.

I agree however, that such a clause  abusive.   If they really think it is “rare” then why not pay when it is necessary.

The smart employees would simply walk out now to force them to change it but if it is significant money in the severance that might be hard for some folks to do.

A company I used to work at essentially gave one of my co-workers a year’s pay as severance if he would stay until they released him (which they finally did 2-3 years after they announced layoffs – he spent most of that time decommissioning systems and/or twiddling his thumbs).

But, as for me I’d had a belly full before long before that merger and left on my own.  There are times an employer can NOT pay me enough to put up with heightened levels of BS.

Maybe in 2017 the Braves can take this idea for their new SunTrust stadium and require any players they trade to other teams to return to pinch hit as required for a period of 2 years without compensation.   I’m sure the players’ union would be ok with that…