[ale] Void Linux Tips

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 17:19:51 EDT 2015

I'll add a few bits:

1) Reported bugs have a high likelihood of being fixed without a bunch of
bullshit -- https://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/issues/2665

2) Missing package requests actually get filled --
https://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/issues/2723

3) Consider switching to ndhc as a DHCP client. Void's base package
explicitly depends on dhcpcd, so you can't uninstall it. But ndhc is a much
nicer package.

4) `ln -s /etc/sv/foobar /var/service/` -- It's shorter

Finally, if you're not happy with the documentation then clone the wiki
from github.com/voidlinux/wiki , start writing, and send some pull
requests. I'm sure they'd be happy to have the changes.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> About a month ago, we were discussing Void Linux as a very simple
> Linux. A week ago I switched my business over to Void Linux and so far
> I'm very happy.
>
> I've created a subsite for Void Linux at:
>
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/void/
>
> Also, there's a whole bunch of handy Void tips at:
>
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/void/voidtips.htm
>
> Hope you like it.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> October 2015 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive

James Sumners
http://james.sumners.info/ (technical profile)
http://jrfom.com/ (personal site)