[ale] [Way OT] Smoke alarms

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Mon Oct 19 09:13:03 EDT 2015

If it's time to replace units try to get a dual detector model which
uses an ionization sensor (Americium-241) and a photoelectric sensor.
The ionization sensor will detect combustion gasses from fast burning
fires that produce little smoke while the photoelectric sensor will
detect particulates from a slow burning (smoldering, smoking) fire.