[ale] [Way OT] Smoke alarms and Calendar Entries

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Mon Oct 19 08:20:33 EDT 2015

That water heater flush is a job for an arduino! Just keep a stout hose section connected to drain and put the end outside the house through the wall. Add a servo powered 1/4 turn ball valve with positive open/closed switches. Or a stepper motor with a large gear wheel and connecting arm and count the ticks using an old mouse optical pickup.