[ale] [Way OT] Smoke alarms

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Mon Oct 19 08:52:01 EDT 2015

Back in the dawn of time I worked in the hotel industry.   Because of various reasons use of smoke detectors in restaurant kitchens wasn't advisable.   Instead they used rapid heat rise detectors.    That might be a  solution for home shops.   On a quick check it appears those are available for home applications and are fairly cheap.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rapid+rise+heat+detector&biw=1525&bih=716&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0CB0QsxhqFQoTCLb05O7IzsgCFUs1PgodbNANIQ&dpr=0.9