[ale] OT: but PC related

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 14:04:25 EDT 2015

Ive spend many hours trying to get this floppys going with no success (too
much free time you would say, but is my day off so why not). I don't have
any 360KB floppy disk that I know are good to rule out floppy drive
failure. I cheated and installed IBM PC HDD ST-225 on 2000's PC and install
DOS 6.22 from brand new unopened diskettes ( I realize I have all kind of
garbage or treasure :) . Then put the controller and HDD on Packard bell
and works although 6.22 is a hog for that little of a memory.

Should try cleaning these floppy drives and align their heads or whatever
needs to be done. At least one from all four should work.