[ale] OT: but PC related

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Wed Oct 14 18:09:54 EDT 2015

20+ my eye.  Try 30+.   The XT replacement was the PC-AT (first 286 machine) which was introduced in 1984.

I remember working on the XTs back in the day.  (One job had a really impressive one – it had a 5 ¼” full floppy drive AND a 10 MB hard drive, our secondary system only had dual floppy drives instead.)   DOS 2.0 and Lotus 123 version 1a.

The PC-AT was exciting as it jumped us all the way up to 8 MHz processor speed.

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Sr. UNIX/Linux Administrator

DS Services of America, Inc.
2300 Windy Ridge Pkwy