[ale] FireHOL

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Oct 12 15:01:46 EDT 2015

I used it (without FireQoS) for a few years, but that was at least 4 years
ago. It was a capable tool and I very much appreciated the brevity with
which you could configure the firewall, but the project seemed to have
dried up in terms of development, so I moved on to shorewall. Looks like
dev has picked up since.

Anyway, I was generally pleased with it, but didn't do a in-depth review of
the generated rules...only tested them externally.

YMMV,

John

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 4:54 PM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com>
wrote:

> http://firehol.org/
>
> Has anyone used it and the accompanying FireQoS? What did you think of the
> rules it generated?
>
> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.sumners.info/ (technical profile)