[ale] CIFS mount issue

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Oct 5 18:02:10 EDT 2015

On 10/05/2015 04:20 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-10-05 at 15:11 -0400, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
>> Yep. Thanks for asking. Other questions?  I'm stumped.
>>
>> /Data/win7ult must exist  on the Unix side - the "Data" Windows share
>> is
>> a whole partition on the Windows  machine. It is shared
>> a) read-only for Everyone
>> b) full-control for my userid.

> so you have a win share mounting at /Data and a second win share
> mounting inside of that space at /Data/win7ult?

No nested mounts here.

win7ult:/Data is the share - it is the D: partition on that VM.

Mount point is /Data/win7ult which exists (my script verifies this) but
manually verified too.

>> I'm running this command manually on the ubuntu server.
>> On another ubuntu box, the same share is mounted through autofs. Mounts
>> to THIS windows machines do not work there, but to another Windows7
>> machine, using exactly the same options works great.  The logs show an
>> error -122 for the CIFS connection via autofs.  That error lead me to
>> the NTLMv2 stuff - in the first msg.
>>
>> Does missing 137/tcp and 138/tcp in the scan matter? Same question about
>> UDP on those ports?
>>

> Yep. Those ports are used to keep the share alive. Is sharing still
> allowed from that win system?

Another Windows7 machine can access the share and all files, as expected.

>> On 10/05/2015 02:43 PM, Chuck Payne wrote:
>>

>>> Is it safe to assume that the /Data directory does exist and that the
>>> directory data/drive is ok?

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and
servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT professionals.