[ale] Is there a system to encourage using styles?

Jason van Gumster fweeb at monsterjavaguns.com
Mon Oct 5 08:01:49 EDT 2015

Tom Freeman <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net> wrote:

> A subquestion would be can LibreOffice/OpenOffice be reskinned to provide
> much the same effect?

I use styles pretty heavily when I write in LibreOffice and I tend to write
with the whole Styles panel visible (enabled by pressing F11) while I write. I
also cull the (rather over-extensive) list of styles in that list to just the
ones I frequently use. Not only does doing this offer quick access to various
styles, but it serves as a constant reminder that styles exist and that I
should use them.

You could save such a layout as a start-up preference and, with a little gentle
prodding/instruction, you could coerce a person into writing with a more
style-based structure.

  -Jason