[ale] OT: media box

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Nov 29 14:20:29 EST 2015

After the crash, boot off alternate media and check the log files. They won't be
overwritten.

There might be a core file in /var/ ... somewhere.  use "file" to determine
which process caused the file.  If the kernel isn't creating a core file, change
that setting .... it has been years since I needed that and it is highly
distro/kernel specific.  With systemd, it has probably changed yet again.  With
the core file and the kernel source, you can get a stack trace using gdb.  The
deepest point in the stack is likely what failed. ;)