[ale] [OT] Anyone up for a 90 Day Wonder Challenge?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Nov 27 13:15:56 EST 2015

I've used join.me, skype, and google-docs for this.

Also, with people I know/trust IRL, a shared server can be used with
abiword - abiword supports real-time editing with multiple users.

Lots of education team/collaboration-sites exist, but a shared wiki
might be the best to capture knowledge/questions as folks learn.

On 11/27/2015 12:13 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> I thing onlineish is good. Suggestions for a collaborative environment?
> I've seen etherpad in use before. Google hangouts requires a google
> account and some people won't play with that.
>
> On November 27, 2015 11:25:35 AM EST, "Damon L. Chesser"
> <damon at damtek.com> wrote:
>
>     What about "on lineish"?  I live in the NW burbs.  Maybe google
>     hangouts?  Make a circle and do voice/vid discussions to work out
>     the points we are to stupid to grasp the nuance of?
>
>     On 11/27/2015 06:06 AM, Sergio Chaves wrote:
>>     I am definitely ON for the Red Hat Cert V7. I just got my book
>>     yesterday  -
>>     http://www.amazon.com/RHCSA-RHCE-Red-Enterprise-Linux-ebook/dp/B00WFEIS0S/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1
>>     :-)
>>     It will be great to team up with someone to learn everything that
>>     needs to be learned.
>>     As mentioned here before, Jan 2016 would work best for me as well.
>>     Nights, 06PM EST and later would work best for meetings, beer,
>>     pizza, coffee, etc. :-). As far as logistics go, I live south of
>>     Atlanta so any meetings, etc. would work best somewhere "downtownish".
>>
>>     On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 11:29 AM, DJ-Pfulio <djpfulio at jdpfu.com
>>     <mailto:djpfulio at jdpfu.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         What about a larger, "Mentoring" effort for ALE?  We have
>>         discussion groups on
>>         the meetup site where people willing to mentor can offer and
>>         people looking for
>>         mentors can find them.
>>
>>         There must be a social contract between the people, a
>>         commitment, since
>>         mentoring isn't easy and volunteered time is worth something.
>>         This isn't the
>>         same as "asking a question, get an answer" ... this is about
>>         "teaching someone
>>         to fish for themselves."
>>
>>         For example, I'm willing to mentor in Linux administration and
>>         a little
>>         old-school C/C++ (pre-1999 standards).
>>
>>         I'd like to find someone else studying for the RHEL v7 1st
>>         cert too. Meet online
>>         2+ times weekly so an end can be seen.
>>

>>         On 11/26/2015 09:29 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>>         > Holidays and "slow time" just don't compute for me :-)
>>         Between family and
>>         > friend stuff plus end of semester work and scheduled
>>         downtime for system
>>         > changes, it's always crazy.
>>         >
>>         > On November 26, 2015 9:20:13 AM EST, Leam Hall
>>         <leamhall at gmail.com <mailto:leamhall at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>         >> Let me add to Jim's comments. I too am learning and
>>         teaching driven. I will
>>         >> learn this and I'm happy to bring others along. This is how
>>         I've lived my
>>         >> career.
>>         >>
>>         >> ALE has provided me a lot of good information and the
>>         occasional friendly
>>         >> social contact. It would please me immensely to be able to pay
>>         >>
> [...]

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and
servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT professionals.