[ale] OT: media box

Preston preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 10:03:13 EST 2015

It's hard to beat Kodi on a Raspberry Pi II. May not be exactly what
you're looking for, but look on YouTube for some vids. I'm close to
replacing my Patriot Box Office with one for my movie room.

Preston

On 11/25/2015 8:24 AM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> We have discuss did in he past but lets go one more time. What would you
> get for media box at home? I had different dedicated media players and
> now I have windows PC which is no longer capable with running my kids
> games :) While the E8400 CPU is capable of running 1080p content and the
> box itself is relatively low noise for a desktop, still the box is huge
> and power consumption is also factor.
>
> So I'm thinking of going green of sort.
>
> I have one multimedia android 4.0.4 box which has Ethernet and WiFi.
> WiFi sucks big time and cannot hold connection. Also some apps works
> fine some does not when playing multimedia content.
>
> Idea is to get one of very small factor PC. I was looking at Zotac mini
> PC forms.
>
> Which one would you pick. Brand, form factor, CPU/GPU, even running OS ?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.
-Dr. Seuss