[ale] USB port identification

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Nov 19 13:54:45 EST 2015

This is what I'm doing and this is what I did in the past, but forgot about today. I've been doing this for 20+ years so I'm sure I've forgotten a thing or two of what I've done.

Right now I'm simply working on an abstraction function that will convert the devpath to number of 1-6. This function also checks to see which hardware (out of 3 possible) it is running on to do the correct conversion.