[ale] Serious: Comcast Business vs Residential

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed Nov 18 09:06:17 EST 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 08:31:41AM -0500, Ted W. wrote:
> The tech that was out at my house recently told me that you have to
> lease the modem if you have more than one static IP. If you have a
> single static IP or no static IP a consumer cable modem like the one
> you'd have on residential service works fine. It's probably the only
> reason I've considered dropping down from 5 to 1 static IP. Save myself
> a little money every month.

I'd been told what you were too, only to learn when it came time to
activate my own modem that *any* static IP plan requires using Comcast's
modem.

So I'm forced to pay them $13/mo extra, on top of their $20/mo static IP
fee, instead of using the perfectly-good SB6141 gathering dust on my shelf.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^