[ale] BT Keyboard to USB

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Nov 13 12:09:10 EST 2015

I bought into a Kickstarter that has produced a Bluetooth keyboard. Originally is was going to be USB with an attempt at BT. Now it seems that it was too difficult to do both so they decided on BT only.

I still want this $300 keyboard, but I can't stand BT keyboards. Good for tablets, but only good on a computer when the OS is loaded and the BT stack is operational.

I typically only use Happy Hacking and I know I can but USB -> BT adapters to convert it to BT. I'm looking for a device that will run the BT stack as a dongle and convert this BT keyboard to USB. This would allow me to use it on devices that do not support BT from power up to power down!

Google is showing me the USB Keyboard -> BT instead. Does anything like I'm describing exist? If not, could I make one using a small Arduino board. I would have to use a BT module and then somehow create a USB HID interface.