[ale] Serious: Comcast Business vs Residential

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Nov 12 22:19:30 EST 2015

Static vs. dynamic IPs are one thing but the VoIP is entirely another.
I don't know if they would allow your own device for the ATA.  Many
cable providers that I've used or experienced give out two boxes, one
for the ethernet and one for the ATA (in one place I had an Arris for
the ATA to run my phones and an SMC for the ethernet even though both
boxes had dual functionality).