[ale] Serious: Comcast Business vs Residential

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Nov 11 20:45:00 EST 2015

On 11/11/2015 06:27 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I do not think their business service is VoIP. At our office we have
> 4 phones. They all go back to a box that connects to their cable
> service. I have a working fax machine on a line and I am sure I've
> used a modem there on a line.

It is definitely VoIP. I never tried to fax with Comcast VoIP, but I fax
a few times yearly with voip.ms $5/month service. It works. It connects
to the FX0 port to an old, cheap, ATA (from 2004-ish?) which supports
T.38. My 6-station phone system also connects to the same ATA.

I've got a 2-line VoIP business phone, but never got around to hooking
it up.  Retailed for $250.  Make a reasonable offer if interested. Snom
821.  http://www.amazon.com/Snom-821-Voip-Phone-Gray/dp/B003JVGT02/

I find it is easier to use a $50 all-in-one scanner/fax/printer (without
any ink) to fax than trying to make software deal with it.  Anything
important enough to fax is worth having a paper copy in my files.