[ale] Linux Ransom-ware

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 09:34:21 EST 2015

Am I reading this right?  You have to be running Apache as root to be
vulnerable?

t’s worth noting that the malware requires the compromised user account on
the Linux system to be an administrator; operating Web servers and Web
services as administrator is generally considered poor security form, and
threats like this one just reinforce why.