[ale] Ubuntu 15.10

damon at damtek.com damon at damtek.com
Sun Nov 8 16:39:20 EST 2015

I *think* I read somewhere that fedora will do nvidia but you need to use lighdm vs gdm

However, like others, I tire of working ON my system and prefer to do work WITH my system so, at least for Ubuntu, I stick with LTS.
I expect fedora to require work and research if I use ATI or Nvidia. Don't play with sharp edges you will not bleed.  In practice that means wait a month or three before upgrading to the new Ubuntu,  none LTS/ Fedora and give time for other people to post about their pain. That way you can make an informed decision.
If I recall, its not just a Ubuntu thing, it a kernel slash vendor thing.  Could be wrong.
HTH.
Damon
--
Sent from myMail app for Android Sunday, 08 November 2015, 06:08AM -05:00 from Paul Cartwright < pbcartwright at gmail.com> :