[ale] Separate instance of google chrome

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Nov 4 18:43:56 EST 2015

su -
to pick up the other environment. Plain su doesn't do that.
But there will be X/Windows issues, so xhost + localhost will be necessary.

I've seen articles about running browsers under a limited account with
SElinux/apparmor preventing "bad things". Never got around to trying
that myself. Pretty easy to spin up a  tinycore  VM.

On 11/04/2015 06:12 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> On 11/04/2015 05:34 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
>>
>>     what happens if you open a terminal window, set your ENV there,
>>     then start chrome from the commandline??
>>     did you export your ENV before starting chrome??
>>

>> This is how I'm starting it.  From within a Xterm.  Works fine with
>> Firefox, but I don't normally run FF so there was no previous instance
>> running.
>>
> mmm, maybe if you SU to another user or guest then try it... totally
> different environment..

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and
servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT professionals.