[ale] ot: back to taxes

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Mar 31 17:39:45 EDT 2015

On 03/31/2015 04:40 PM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> I know I can ask professional but why not get a hint from fellows.
>
> Last year I work for a company as employee and had second job which considers
> selfemployed. How do you need to fill taxes in that situation?

You should have already gotten a 1099 from the other company - assuming you
provided them with your taxID or SSN.  If not, you need to still declare the
income - sched-C.

The quarter when you received the income, you were responsible for
self-employment taxes, state taxes and federal taxes. There is a penalty for not
paying these in the correct quarter. Those penalties can be painful or trivial
depending on the amounts involved.

If this is your first year doing this - Go get an accountant - it will be hard
now. Expect them to file an extension ASAP. We aren't talking H&R block or any
of the side-of-the-road guys.