[ale] one last time Galaxy S6 vs Nexus 6

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Mar 30 20:42:39 EDT 2015

On 03/30/2015 08:11 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 03/30/2015 05:47 PM, Alex Carver wrote:
>> I'm waiting for Samsung to recollect themselves and put the SD slot and
>> replaceable battery back in.  I don't think they're going to get as many
>> sales as the S4/S5.
> neither S6 or Nexus has replaceable battery or SD card..

TL;DR

Battery - not an issue.
Less tham 32G - issue.

Long version:

Thought the lack of replaceable battery would be an issue - just carry a
portable USB charger - $20. The Wire Cutter has recommendations. It is actually
MORE convenient NOT to swap batteries.  I swapped batteries with my N800 for
years, so I know.

Storage - that's a different issue. I feel cramped inside 16G on the Nexus4
today.  64G would be nice - more than I need.  On my netbook, I currently use
38G - so I could fit in 32G, but it would be nice not to feel that need.

My tablet has a microSD slot which has 16G class10 in it and 16G internal.  It
hasn't been an issue, but I don't have it full of music - only about 6G, which
is plenty for a trip. Around the house, just connect to Plex and stream anything
desired.  Also have a calibre server on the plex PC - handy for ebook/pdf
management. FBreader will connect, search, download from it easily.