[ale] Weird problem with wifi adapter

Edward James Monson, II emonson1 at student.gsu.edu
Wed Mar 11 14:22:10 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

My new install of Fedora had been working fine for a couple of weeks, but last night I installed VirtualBox, and after rebooting, my wifi adapter (Intel 7260) no longer shows up in Network Manager or ifconfig. It does show up in lspci. "journalctl -b | grep NetworkManager" showed that it was disabled by state file, so I edited "/var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state" and changed everything back to "true" and rebooted. Still nothing. Just to be sure, I uninstalled VirtualBox and rebooted, and that had no effect. Now, I've just run "lspci -k", and that doesn't list a kernel driver for the device. I'm guessing this is the problem. Does anyone know of a good guide for installing wifi drivers, or is this even the actual problem?

Thanks,

Edward