[ale] Republicans’ “Internet Freedom Act” would wipe out net neutrality | Ars Technica

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 08:08:47 EST 2015

It's one thing to contact my ISP and request they block or throttle
connections. It's a totally different thing to have that choice made solely
by the ISP for the business reason of wringing more money from me.

ISPs can throttle connections without customers permission when a network
attack is underway. The FCC new ruling doesn't bar this.

The Republican definition of freedom generally refers only to owners and
never to users.