[ale] Anyone familiar with OWASP?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Mar 3 16:27:13 EST 2015

On 03/03/2015 11:59 AM, leam hall wrote:
> I'm looking to add some security minded stuff to my skills and resume.
> Anyone familiar with OWASP? I'm looking at their "Developers Guide" to
> see if it's worth reading.
>
> http://www.lulu.com/shop/owasp/owasp-developers-guide-v20-2005/paperback/product-3545912.html#productDetails
>
> So far the org's ideas seem good but the activity level seems a bit low.

They have monthly meetings here. I've been a few times. At the last meeting I
attended, it was all about out of date software stacks for Java and enterprise
java.  I do send different PHP devs to the PHP Top 10 page at OWAPS a few times
a week.  Most seem shocked.

I refer to their top 10 lists by language for my projects ... starting out and
before publishing. Helpful reminders.