[ale] Linux Bind9 and Windows .local dns?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Mon Mar 2 13:26:14 EST 2015

It isn’t clear what you’re asking.   Do you have domain in DNS called “.local”?  If so in which DNS (Windows or BIND does it exsit.)

Are setting up /etc/resolv.conf to see the Linux DNS on your Linux system?   Do you have the local BIND in that resolv.conf as one of the servers to query? If so is it before or after the Windows DNS?   Do you have the search domains in that resolv.conf?

Is the issue in fact only that you can’t resolv from Linux?