[ale] Linux Bind9 and Windows .local dns?

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 12:35:32 EST 2015

  I've set up a bind9 server ( Ubuntu ) for a subnet ( 172.27/16 ) at work
to support some lab space.  I've found a problem where it seems some
Windows boxes are not correctly resolving the corp.local domain even though
I'm referencing the corp dns servers and internal.corp.com works just fine,
just not the .local.  I can access with \\aaa.bbb.ccc.dd\share correctly
and ping aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd without issue.

Anyone seen this or have a link?  Googling "linux bind9 windows domain"
provides a lot of red herrings.

Robert