[ale] Recommendations for my next distro?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Mar 1 11:36:31 EST 2015

On 03/01/2015 11:02 AM, Damon L. Chesser wrote:

> and I do run RHEV at work.  It is quite nice and feature-full, though it is not
> enterprise ready.  What that means is, it does not cost enough to be worthy of
> using in the enterprise.  We will not even bring up the cost of Ovirt, which is
> $0 per server, because, as we all know, there is no such thing as software that
> costs $0, is there?  And everytime I bring it up, I lose credibility, seriously.

Ah - I used to work at a place like that.  Had to prove it.  Get a lab, show
them, prove it.  Then be prepared to be Dir, Sr Dir, VP. ;)  If you don't want
management - keep silent.

Many companies THINK openstack is a replacement for a VMware ESXi farm and they
try to deploy it for that use.  Perhas it is best for hosting VMs you don't care
much about ... like for web hosting companies and self-service infra?

--
Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media centers, and
servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT professionals.