[ale] Earthlink issues

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jun 17 15:48:53 EDT 2015

I sent an email to ALE earlier in regards to Eathlink. I've not seen it popup so I'm thinking their problems caused me some problem sending it.

They had an outage today that started around 12:30 and was rectified around 3:30. I simply use them for email redirection and DNS. dns1.earthlink.net and dns2.earthlink.net were off the net and this was my issue.

Does anyone have any details as to what the problem may have been? Three hours seems a bit much. I'm thinking redundancy there has taken a hit due to shrinking budgets.