[ale] Comcast Business service

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sun Jun 14 23:42:33 EDT 2015

Where are you located? My understanding was that all BC systems were upgraded some time ago...

The SMC gateways won't do bridge mode if you have statics. This is because they use RIP to distribute addresses. They can't be bothered to permit true leaf networks with IPv4. Hell with IPv6 I only know of one residential that can pull a delegation > /64. Can't get my SMC to do it to save my life.

I grow tired of the tech world sometimes. I'd hope that someday everything would just fscking work, but that's clearly a pipe dream. ;)

Sent from my iPhone