[ale] Toshiba laptop

Cornelis van Dijk cor.angela0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 14:48:04 EDT 2015

I purchased a Toshiba laptop. It came with Windows 8 installed.
I tried to make it dual boot with suse linux 13.2. That worked ok for
a day or two.

Then Windows began installing a bunch of updates. After that  could no
longer access
the linux partition. Not only that but the hard drive could no longer
not be repartitioned.
"No mount point found" was the message. So I could not reinstall linux.

With the help of Yast I was able to work somewhat around that problem.
But now I lost the
Windows. So far I have not found a solution for that problem. Yast
still lists a bunch of
partitions, but they are all listed as /dev/mapper/TOSHIBA... and they
resist opening.

I am fairly sure that the Windows stuff is still there, but how to get
to it, let alone boot?

Anybody knows what is going on? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

Cor van Dijk