[ale] Blender and GPU.... What to buy?

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Jun 8 22:24:32 EDT 2015

LOL, I bet. Glass isn't so bad now, but prisms or diamonds, or gems or objects with the properties thereof? Tried that. Ouch.

I may just dedicate a system to it and throw one or more cards in it so that blender isn't rendering on my workstation anyway; blender doesn't seem to chew too hard when editing, but without GPU assistance for the rendering, it does indeed take up all my resources and leaves me off to find something else to do for longer than I'd like.

I am also testing the idea of manually split rendering using on-demand resources at Amazon, but I think it'll be less expensive and more efficient to use the GPU, based on some dated videos from YouTube. Yesteryear's GPUs even kick the pants off of CPU rendering. :)

Sent from my iPhone