[ale] Pulling the handle...

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 23:35:41 EDT 2015

On the contrary. The light you see is the Cherenkov radiation caused by 3
"this can NEVER happen" events overlayed onto a "I told you this was a bad
idea" event and all are outside the 6 Sigma protocols so the PHB left early
for a quiet dinner with his mom and you're on call.

That flushing sound you hear is your bonus getting spent on overnighted
hardware you requested 3 months ago on last fiscal years budget that the
PHB denied the acquisition of since "it can NEVER happen" according to the
jerk on your team who just called in sick and put you in the on-call hot
seat.

And it's your SO's birthday and you have reservations that took 4 months to
get and the baby sitter is working for free tonight only after you rebuild
her mom's laptop after she got smacked by a virus from a page full of cat
pictures on facebook.

So start hoping it's a train because that will make it much better.