[ale] RPi Cluster: Making progress.

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Wed Jul 22 21:57:59 EDT 2015

Hey Guys,

Making some good progress on the Raspberry Pi HPC cluster.  I found a fairly
straight forward guide here:

Make Your Own Cluster Computer
http://www.tinkernut.com/2014/04/make-cluster-computer/

I decided to go with the MPICH cluster software so I could play with the
Message Passing Interface (MPI) standard.
http://www.mpich.org/

I even found a video to give me the basics (Caution... this guy is a bit of
a noob. Some of his "skills" were quite painful to watch. Haha!)
https://youtu.be/JtX9lVDsqzg

I converted the root filesystem from ext4 to btrfs and I am in the process
of imaging the system now so that I can clone it to the other MicroSD cards.
I'll be bringing three nodes on-line soon.  One Raspberry Pi got
appropriated for the RetroPie project and another got appropriated to be a
Minecraft PE (PocketMine) server for the kids.  I LOVE these things!

/Raj