[ale] Pidgin/Sipe for Lynx/Office365.com?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:27:57 EDT 2015

I had pidgin working with M$ Communicable several years ago by applying
a non-standard plugin to libpurple. But I think libpurple has been
discontinued in favor of ???. Sounds like the evil empire is still up
to it's tricks of "Oops! Someone else has a way to use our service
products that doesn't involve a client license. Quick! Change
something!". I'll bet the chat client from M$ will not run under wine,
too.
Good luck!
On Tue, 2015-07-14 at 15:43 +0000, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> Anyone have Pidgin and Sipe working for office365.com?  Trying to get
> it working to get even closer to shutting off my windows VM
> permanently.  The web client is semi-functional but sucks.  I've
> followed all the threads I can find online but no love.  Still
> getting "Read Errors" when I try to connect.
>
> I'm using the latest SIPE from the ppa (1.19.1+collab...)
>
> Basic Tab:
>   Protocol : Office Communicator
>   Username: rharris at company.com
>   Login : rharris at company.com    and domain\rharris
>   Password; .....
>   Local Alias : Company
>
> Advanced Tab:
>   Server:Port:   Empty
>    Connection Type:  Auto
>    User Agent:  UCCAPI/15.0.4481.1000 OC/15.0.4481.1000 (Microsoft
> Lync)
>   Auth scheme: TLS-DSK
>   SSO:  Both off and on.
>
> The rest blank.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Robert

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain