[ale] Best Self-Hosted Cloud Solutions

Chuck Peters cp at axs.org
Fri Jul 10 13:38:53 EDT 2015

DJ-Pfulio said:
> On 07/10/2015 11:11 AM, Vernard Martin wrote:
> > What solutions do YOU use and how much difficulty have you had hosting it?
>
> sftp and rsync.
> Cannot imagine needing anything more.

I can, haven't you heard about some of the things we have learned in the
post Snowden era...

> If you do go with any "cloud" offer, please, please, please, use a full IPSec
> VPN. HTTPS is **not** secure.

Would you please explain why you think VPN's are secure and https is not?

According to what I have read, both VPN's and https have issues, but it
isn't a simple as declaring one thing or another is insecure.

https://jdpfu.com/ shows your Zimbra login page with an invalid
certificate for mail1.algoloma.com.  Have you considered using a valid
certificate and configuring it to use modern crypto?

It's also possible to configure a mail server to require StartTLS...

Chuck