[ale] Buying advice for Laptop ?

Bob Toxen transam at VerySecureLinux.com
Wed Jul 1 10:36:02 EDT 2015

Hi Steve,

My two newest Thinkpads are Lenevos.  I bought one used December 2013.
It's a touch screen so I think it's less than 3 years old.  It is
physically sturdy.

My newest was acquired, a T440, used February 2015.  It seems pretty new
and also is sturdy with no problems so far.

I had a bad experience with an Acer about 3 years ago when I tweaked
BIOS to not boot from disk.  That turned out to be PERMANENT, only
resettable by setting the box back to the manufacturer.  Really stupid!

Bob