[ale] All you Comcast fanboys...

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:22:34 EST 2015

Just ran into this and had to throw it in here somewhere. Just one of
those it's funny but, not so funny.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/spokane-washington-woman-updates-on-comcast-ahole-debacle/

(yes you're reading the text for the link correct, but what was on the
paper bill did not mask over any spelling.)

On 01/04/2015 08:06 PM, Edward Holcroft wrote:
> As much as I detest them and their ways, I use their business product
> extensively in our regional offices. When I switched from Qwest, I
> increased the office bandwidth 10x for less than half the cost we were
> paying for a single T1 at the time. That's hard to argue against. I
> saved my company $150k per annum in one fell swoop. And believe me,
> Qwest (now Century Link) were no angels either, they f!@#ed us over to
> the tune of $60k through bad billing over a period of several months
> that slipped through the cracks ... I will NEVER touch them again. We
> were never able to recover the money and my company was unwilling to
> play hardball out of fear of getting 18 offices disconnected.
>
> I guess that makes me a bit of a sell-out to the Comcast bad-boys :-(
> But ... it could always be be worse ...
>
> ed
>
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Michael H. Warfield <mhw at wittsend.com
> <mailto:mhw at wittsend.com>> wrote:
>
>     [Disclaimer]
>
>     I gave up on Comcast years ago.  Even if they offered me twice the
>     bandwidth they do now at half the price they do now, I would
>     refuse.  I
>     got tired of all the lies they told me (multiple documented occasions)
>     years ago.  I can tolerate incompetence or ignorance but malice
>     aforethought will not stand.  I have plenty of bitching points
>     with ATT
>     Uverse but, at least, willful lies are not one of them...
>
>     That all being said...
>
>     [/Disclaimer]
>
>     The saga of Comcast using your premises and your electricity to
>     promote
>     THEIR wifi services is well documented.  I saw this first hand
>     just this
>     last month where the clutter of Xfiniti public access points (on all
>     possible channels) were drowning out (beaconing) the legitimate
>     services
>     in a residential neighborhood, making non-xfiniti services unreliable
>     even within a single home where we were staying.
>
>     The horror stories of their so called "customer support" is also well
>     documented...  Safe advice is now to ALWAYS record any support
>     call with
>     Comcast...  Latest in that saga...
>
>     https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141231/01553029553/yet-another-horrible-comcast-customer-service-experience-goes-viral.shtml
>
>     Now, they are increasing your "rental fees" by 25% for the
>     privilege of
>     providing their "service" to their customers using your
>     facilities.  The
>     rental fee on "their" cable modem is going up...
>
>     http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/31/on-comcast-buy-your-own-modem/
>
>     I still have a couple of my old DOCSIS 2 modems from the last time
>     I was
>     wasting my time with Comicalcast.  But now, at $120 a year to rent
>     their
>     "we advertise our own open service from your property" modems, why is
> [...]

Sent from my Fedora Linux PC to you, NSA, the CIA, FBI, HSA and God only knows who else?!