[ale] help, windows 7 boot error

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 09:45:21 EST 2015

On 01/26/2015 09:21 AM, Phil Turmel wrote:
>> > so I partitioned my "NEW" HD1 so windows is still on sda3 like it was
>> > before, and I copied all the  old files into it. When I boot I am
>> > getting the File: \Boot\BCD error attempting to read Boot
>> > configuration.  on sda3 there is a \Boot\BCD.
> The quickest way to get up on the new drive is to image copy the entire
> drive, which grabs the bootloader and places all of the partitions in
> the "right" places.  NTFS partitions have to be restored at the same
> sector offset if you want them bootable.
>
> If the partition table is GPT, you'll have to fix up the spare copy at
> the end of the disk.  gdisk or gparted should do this for you after the
> copy.
>
> But then the new drive should boot.  After it works, you can proceed to
> resize partitions to use the new space.
I have ordered a replacement Windows CD from Dell.. since installing
linux blew away the option to restore windows.
the old drive is 1TB, the new replacement drive is 3TB.. how would I
image the entire drive?? clonezilla? I have only used that to do
partitions... and now my new fedora "/" is on the new drive..

--
Paul Cartwright