[ale] RH Satellite 6 moron's intro?

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 20:27:29 EST 2015

There's a reason why RH sales recommends a professional services engagement to go with the product. To be fair, they also do the same for Sat 5, but my impression is its more worth it right now for a sat6 implementation.

In a perfect world, yeah docs would be 100%.  But if you've worked on a big software project, what happens is that the docs team is reliant on the engineering team to provide accurate, timely information.  Also, it'd be nice if they also reviewed what the docs writers are writing.  Sadly, when you're up against a deadline, that nice process is chucked out the window and docs writers requests are ignored and review turns into a quick glance and 'Yeah, that looks right.'

They're currently working on 6.1 which, from what I understand, is mostly UI and workflow improvements.

-Scott