[ale] RH Satellite 6 moron's intro?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 17:52:37 EST 2015

On Wednesday, January 21, 2015, Scott McBrien <smcbrien at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a brand new product and .0 release.  Expecting it to be unflawed is a
> fallacy.

Should I expect the installation instructions to work for a "release
worthy" product? I sure as hell think so.

I also expect the documentation to thoroughly cover something that is
completely different than the last version. Especially when it is mashing
together so many disparate technologies that may or may not work together
(and probably haven't been used before by people who use the Satellite
product).

I ended up wiping it out and installing it fresh for a third time
today. Each time was different. So far, this time has worked better than
the previous attempts. But there are still BIG gaps between what is in the
doc, the knowledge the doc should be imparting, and what shows up on
screen.

--
James Sumners
http://james.sumners.info/ (technical profile)