[ale] Still using plain FTP? Why?

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Jan 20 14:01:32 EST 2015

I started using netcat because telnet can mess with binary services pretty badly. Haven't crashed one in a few years... But that is because I changed my habit. Use netcat a handful of times. It is an excellent tool.

It, and socat, and stunnel: an excellent trio useful for damn near anything. Well with spending a day studying the man pages and taking notes on post-it notes.

Sent from my iPad