[ale] Still using plain FTP? Why?

Byron Jeff byronjeff at mail.clayton.edu
Tue Jan 20 08:04:19 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 03:54:53AM -0500, Michael Trausch wrote:

> I would recommend looking at netcat. It doesn't send the NVT and Telnet
> negotiation sequences. It is a clean pipe and as close as you get to a
> raw socket without using a programming language.

I'm aware of netcat and it's advantages. The disadvantage is having to
think through, or refer to, the command line format to use it. After 30+
years of telnet usage, it's so ingrained it's like breathing. No thought
required.

BAJ

--
Byron A. Jeff
Chair: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology