[ale] scaling windows in *NIX

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 16:37:11 EST 2015

Got a new laptop from work. Screen does 2880x1800.
Nice!
Had to rescale the gnome display to make it not microscopic.

The question is how to do something like that for remote consoles that use
a javaws tool? It looks like the remote environment says "I'm 1024x768" and
that's all the dots I can get. Looks a postage stamp quartet with text the
size of ants viewed through the wrong end of a kids telescope. I'm using
one of the over the head magnifiers to see this stuff.

stupid java crap

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*