[ale] Linux admin position salary survey

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 22:55:09 EST 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 8:48 PM, Sergio Chaves <sergio.chaves at gmail.com>
wrote:

> http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Linux-Administrator-l-Atlanta,-GA.html

That's too generic. I need a few hard numbers from actual people so that I
can show an average pay rate for the job I actually perform.

Visit http://open.ga.gov/index.html > select "Salaries & Travel
Reimbursments" > click the "Agree" button > choose "Person" > choose
"University System" > enter my last name. You'll see why I need some real
numbers.

I don't want to leave my current employer. We've had some significant
changes in the past 6 months, and I'm optimistic about the future and enjoy
what I do. But I cannot continue there with the data you'll find in that
search, and I can't wait for FY2016 to start for it to be marginally better
(maybe). So I want to give them an immediate chance to get _much_ closer to
a correct pay scale, but I need data to show what that is.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59