[ale] Cloud or Hardware?

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 12:54:08 EST 2015

Okay, so this is a pain. I tried to fire up Puppet Enterprise on my
laptop and a couple base CentOS VMs. It took me almost 15 minutes and a
reboot to regain control of the machine! The hardware just isn't there.

My near term goal is to get decent at Puppet, so I need some learning
VMs. I can do AWS small instances and pay not a lot if I remember to
shut them down after I'm done testing. Or I could buy a server and set
it under my desk.

At this point I'm thinking the former. We're trying to live with less
and I don't really care to have more hardware around the house. Well,
actually, I do want more, but I more want to do with less.

Opinions?

Leam

--
http://31challenge.net