[ale] Stupid question: SSH identity file for remote server

Jonathan Meek jonathan.l.meek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 08:26:04 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm working on getting rdiff-backup working on my raspberry pi server. So
far I have setup a user on the pi meant strictly for connecting via ssh and
then doing the rdiff-backup.

Am I thinking correctly in that if I want to do SSH keys instead of
passwords that I will need to create a public/private keys on my laptop and
then copy the public key over to the server under the .ssh folder for the
user on my server?

I feel like I should know this but just need confirmation that I am
thinking right.

Regards,

Jonathan